Monday 14 October 2013

Shoes and Roses

Shoes and Roses




 

I was asked to make a small 7 inch cake for a birthday.  I decided on a shoe cake with a sugarpaste rose. Iwanted the shoe to be classic and beautiful so I went with a simple black peeptoe with a small pink heart on the instep to tie in with the pink rose. The shoe needed to be made well in advance to enable it to dry so it could support the shape, luckily I made more than one as I had a few disasters putting it together, in fact the final shoe was glued togther at the last minute when the heel snapped! 

I used pale pink flower paste to make a wired small pink rose to sit by the shoe. The writing was in french as the recipient of the cake was french and it was to be given to her during a french class she was teaching.   

The cake was a buttermilk sponge with a raspberry filing and vanilla buttercream.


No comments:

Post a Comment