Monday 14 October 2013

Alpha Romeo Classic Car

BEEP BEEP



I had a request for a cake version of a favourite classic Alpha. I find it very difficult to make a cake to resemble something that the recipient is so passionate about as I always find it creates extra pressure to make the small details correct. I had photos and a mini model to work with but it was very tricky to get the body the right shape, in fact it wasn't quite right and I really hate it when it's not quite right, but no one seemed to notice in the finished product. The colour was the other issue and involved 2 trips out for more icing to mix. 

The cake was a white and dark chocolate marbled mud cake with a raspberry liqueur wash and a raspberry conserve with chocolate buttercream icing for a filling.

The cake had quite a trek to the birthday boy, it survived a train ride, and even a trip on a London duck tour! It was delicious and a huge success.

No comments:

Post a Comment