Monday 26 November 2012

Blue and White Birthday Cake




A blue based cake with cut out flat white flower detail and a big curly N for Nicole on top. This was a birthday cake for my friend Nicole who is currently making my website. It was a wheat free elderflower and orange cake with elderflower icing. It was based on a stunning black and white cake I saw on line but the blue was a bit softer and matched the birthday girl better. I had a lot of fun getting the right shade of blue, bright but not too bright, dark but not navy so it would complement the white flowers. The finished N was stuck on with toothpicks and secured with royal icing so it would stay stuck during a bus ride for delivery. I also stuck a small fat blue heart on the top corner of the N at the last minute. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment