Monday 26 November 2012

25th Silver Anniversary Cake







A commission for a family cake to celebrate a silver wedding anniversary. 
This was a lemon buttermilk sponge with lemon curd icing and white chocolate sugar paste. The family is sport mad and spend a lot of time on their bikes so the idea was to put the whole family on one giant long bike. I had a photo of the family and the names of the kids so I could get the basic details right like Dad's glasses and the age order of the kids. I decided to put all the names on the top, Mum and Dad, Jim and Emma on the front and the kids names behind the silver 25. The 25 was made out of sugarpaste and painted with silver dust for the shine. The hardest part was deciding what to do with the faces, I tried drawing them on in edible pen but in the end decided simple was best and I etched the eyes and mouths on instead (apart from Dad and his glasses).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment