Monday 14 October 2013

Christening Cake

Christening Cake For Izzy






I was asked to help resurrect a top tier of a wedding cake that had been saved for 3 years to be used as a christening cake. First thing I will say is always take off any sugar paste icing if your going to save a cake! The icing had all almost melted underneath and made the top part of the cake turn to mush. I thought it would be nice a quick to take it all off and re-ice the fruit cake but it took me about 4 hours! We got their in the end and recoated the cake in marzipan and crisp white icing. I then decorated it with floral lace cutouts for a bit of side detail and  navy blue writing and some white and blue flowers. The navy and white colour scheme  matched Izzy's post christening dress perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment